This vegetarian dish combines leafy greens and high fiber brown rice to make a wholesome side dish or a satisfying main dish.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov
- 2 12-ounce packages of frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup egg-white or egg substitute (liquid)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, fat-free (shredded)
- 1 cup milk (fat-free)
- 1/2 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Place thawed spinach in a colander and press to remove excess water.
- Place the spinach in a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut the casserole into eight squares and serve.