Serve on whole wheat buns with lettuce, tomato, onion or pair with a tossed salad and sweet potato fries.
Recipe Source: CookingMatters.org Chicken Burger
- ¼ small bell pepper
- ¼ small red onion
- 1 pound lean ground chicken, turkey, or beef
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- Rinse and finely chop bell pepper and onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, ground meat, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 pieces. Form pieces into patties about 4 inches across.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add burgers. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
Add water to the pan. Cover and cook until the burgers reach 165ºF, about 10 minutes more.