Try this recipe for a tasty, healthy meal in less time.
Recipe Source: Health.gov
- 1¼ pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 (15-oz.) can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package low-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Cook ground turkey, beans, and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon mixture into a slow cooker; stir in corn and next 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Cook at HIGH 4 to 5 hours or at LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.