This creamy dip tastes great with cut-up veggies or whole grain pita.
Recipe Source: CookingMatters.org
- ¼ red onion
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 medium lime
- 2 medium, ripe avocados
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- Peel onion and garlic clove. Rinse tomatoes.
- If using, rinse cilantro. Pluck leaves from stems. Tear into small pieces.
- Mince onion and garlic. Dice tomatoes into ¼-inch pieces.
- Rinse lime and cut in half. In a medium bowl, squeeze juice from each half. Discard seeds.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh and add to bowl with juice.
- Add salt to avocado. If using cumin, add now. Mash well with a fork.
- Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and optional ingredients of your choice. Stir gently to combine.