Brownies are always a welcome treat. This recipe uses apple sauce to help keep the fat content down without sacrificing flavor!
Recipe Source: missourifamilies.org
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8- by 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, applesauce, vanilla, egg and egg whites. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, until sides pull away from edge of pan.
- Cool in pan and cut into 16 squares.