Strawberry, White Bean, and Edamame Salad
This tangy, crunchy, and sweet salad is the perfect side dish for any outing!
Recipe Source: www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for the Salad
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 1 can low sodium white beans (drained and rinsed; 15 oz can)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Cook edamame according to package directions, while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Rinse under cool water and drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, toss all ingredients except spinach and vinaigrette.
- Serve on individual plates by nesting strawberry, white bean and edamame mix atop spinach.
- Drizzle with dressing.