This is a quick meatless meal that the whole family can enjoy!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org – tortilla casserole
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, 10-inch diameter
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly oil or spray a 10 inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and tomato sauce.
- In a medium bowl, mix black beans, corn and cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla in baking dish, and spread 1/4 of salsa mixture over tortilla. Top with 1/3 of bean mixture and 1/3 of cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times; spread last of salsa mixture over top of last tortilla.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts and filling is hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.