For a snack or party food, cut cucumbers into thick slices. Do not remove seeds. Place a dollop of tuna mixture on top.
Recipe Source: cookingmatters.org
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions
- 1 (6-ounce) can low-sodium tuna, packed in water
- 1 (15 ½-ounce) can white beans
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or country mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed (optional)
- Rinse cucumbers. Peel off skin every ¼ inch, all the way around. Cut lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
- Rinse and chop green onions.
- Drain tuna. In a colander, drain and rinse beans.
- In a medium bowl, mash beans lightly with a fork.
- Add green onions, tuna, oil, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice to beans. Mix with a fork.
- Fill each cucumber half with ¼ tuna mixture. Serve.