Bell Pepper Nachos
This healthy dish uses bell pepper instead of traditional tortilla chips. For added flavor, top with chopped cilantro, green onions or black olives!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
- 2 cups cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans or tofu
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.