Asparagus with Gremolata Sauce
This simple asparagus recipe features parsley, garlic and lemon!
Recipe Source: What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups asparagus (washed and trimmed)
- 1 garlic large clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain: rinse with cold water to cool quickly, and drain again.
- Pat dry; wrap in a paper towel and then plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Melt margarine in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lemon peel and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Sauté until asparagus is heated through and coated with Gremolata sauce, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.