Baked Flaked Chicken
If you like fried chicken, you’ll love this healthier version!
Recipe Source: CookingMatters.org
- 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces
- 3 cups cornflakes cereal
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Wash hands and sanitize prep area. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove skin, if any, from chicken pieces. If working with large chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise for faster cooking time. Trim any excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, crush cornflakes.
- In a second medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In a third medium bowl, add eggs and milk. Beat with a fork.
- Dip each chicken piece into flour, then egg mixture, then cornflakes. Each piece should be fully coated with flakes.
- Coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken pieces on sheet, evenly spaced. Spray pieces lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.