This warm, sweet treat is packed with whole fruits, whole grains, and topped with a lighter version of whipped cream.
Recipe Source: CookingMatters.org
- 4 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries, rinsed and pat dry
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 5 Tablespoons whole wheat flour, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place the banana halves flat side down in the baking dish.
- Toss berries with 1 Tablespoon flour. Sprinkle berries over the bananas.
- In a medium bowl, add 4 Tablespoons flour, oats, sugar, and spices. Stir to blend.
- Cut cold butter into little pieces. Add to bowl. Using your fingers, quickly blend the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the crumbly mixture over the fruit in an even layer. Press down slightly.
- Bake about 10–15 minutes, or until the crumble is firm and golden in color.
- While crumble bakes, stir together yogurt and honey in a small bowl to create a lighter version of whipped cream.
- When crumble is done, spoon 1 Tablespoon of the yogurt and honey topping over each serving.