Banana Oat Pancakes
Oats are an extremely easy and affordable grain. Adding oats to your pancakes provides a texture element that many people love!
Recipe Source: commonthreads.org
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or your choice of oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Mash 2 bananas and measure out all your ingredients.
- Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, vanilla, egg, and milk. Mix well.
- Next, use a spoon and mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Let pancake mixture sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Remove pancake mixture from the fridge and heat a pan on medium heat
- Once the pan is hot, scoop batter into large circles in the center of the pan.
- When the edges of the pancake begin to bubble, use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake over.
- Cook pancake until lightly golden brown on both sides. Be careful not to burn. If your pancakes begin to burn, your pan is too hot.