BBQ Chicken Sandwich Apple with Brussels Sprout Apple Slaw
Jazz up this yummy shredded chicken barbeque sandwich with a tangy, sweet slaw.
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts, cut lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1 apple, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine warm Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken with barbeque sauce.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto buns and top with slaw.
- Combine Brussels sprouts, apple, and green onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey, mustard, vinegar, and salt until combined to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over the Brussels sprout and apple mixture. Stir to combine.