Beet and White Bean Salad
Give yourself an extra dose of fiber and flavor tonight with this delicious salad featuring canned white kidney beans and beets.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate.gov
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 3/4 cups whole roasted beets (see video for roasting instructions), cut into bite size pieces (or 1-16-ounce can, well drained)
- 1 can white kidney beans (cannellini) (15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Baby arugula leaves (optional)
- Prepare dressing: In small bowl combine cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and sugar. Gradually add olive oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare Salad: In large bowl combine beets and white kidney beans; toss with dressing.
- To serve, place arugula leaves on platter or in serving bowl; top with beet mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and walnuts.