Black Quinoa Asian Slaw
Spicy, crunchy, and ﬂavorful, this dish makes a complete meal, with a wide range of vegetables and protein-packed quinoa.
Recipe Source: oldwayspt.org
For the slaw:
- 8 ounces black quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup snap peas, bias cut
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup scallions, bias cut
- 1 mango, diced small
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
For the dressing:
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- Rinse black quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place black quinoa in boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha sauce. Slowly whisk in sesame oil to create an emulsion. Set aside to incorporate ﬂavors in dressing.
- In a large bowl combine black quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, scallions, mango, and cilantro.
- Fold in dressing and let chill in fridge. When ready to serve, garnish with toasted sesame seeds.