Blue Corn Pan Bread
This traditional Native American dish uses blue cornmeal and sprouted wheat. Many health benefits have been noted for different sprouted grains, and the ingredient can be purchased already sprouted or you can sprout the wheat on your own at home.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov – Blue Corn Pan Bread
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups blue cornmeal (yellow may be used)
- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sprouted wheat
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line 8×8 inch cake pan with foil.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add each ingredient, one at a time.
- Stir well until mixture is smooth and pour into foil-lined cake pan. Cover with a piece of foil.
- Bake for 2 hours. Bread is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.