Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchni Sauce
This easy recipe can be made with a variety of ingredients. Try using different pasta shapes, and add more veggies in step 4 if you like, such as diced carrots or tomatoes, peas, or corn.
Recipe Source: CookingMatters.org
- 2 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 medium zucchini (10 ounces by weight, about 2/3 of a pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Prepare zucchini sauce while pasta is cooks.
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Rinse and grate zucchini. Measure 2 cups grated zucchini.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and minced garlic. Cook until mixture softens and zucchini yields some liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons cooking liquid to zucchini mixture. Add drained pasta. Stir, coating pasta evenly with sauce. Add more pasta water as needed.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl for serving. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.