Sweet Potato Hash And Eggs
Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A – an antioxidant that is especially great for your eyes, skin, and immune system! Try this recipe over rice for a perfect dinner meal!
Recipe Source: SNAP4CT.org
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (about 1 Tbs)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat 1 Tbs oil over medium heat in a deep skillet. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 min.
- Add another 1 Tbs oil, along with onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet with the sweet potatoes. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Divide the hash between 4 plates and return skillet to the stove.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- One at a time, add each egg to the skillet. Cook about 1-2 minutes, until the whites are nearly solid (no longer clear). Flip the egg and cook for one more minute.
- Top sweet potato hash with an egg, and serve right away.