Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry, and Bulgur Salad
Try this yummy colorful salad as a dinner side dish or a simple lunch!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 1/3 cup dried bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprout strips, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.