Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Maple Syrup
This fun and sweet way to enjoy brussels is sure to be a hit at your family’s dinner table!.
Recipe Source: CCE Chemung County
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 medium apple, cut in similar size chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat until butter is melted.
- Add Brussels sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned, then stir to flip Brussels sprouts and cook 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the cut apple and stir often until the apples are slightly soft and some light browning, 4-5 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.