Brussels Sprouts with Apples and Onions
This dish is a creative way to use delicious NYS apples during autumn. Give sautéed Brussels sprouts a try. They’re quite different than boiled! Brussels sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin C that helps our bodies fight infection.
Recipe Source: jsyfruitveggies.org
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cups sliced Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups diced apple
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until soft.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the apple and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.