Bulgur Chickpea Salad
This salad is a great way to add some healthy grains, fruits, vegetables, and garbanzo beans to your meal.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate.org
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup scallions (chopped, green onions)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup carrot (chopped)
- 3/4 cups canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in bulgur, parsley, minced onion, and soy sauce. Cover and reduce heat; simmer 15-20 minutes (until all water is absorbed and bulgur is not too crunchy). Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool; fluff with fork.
- Combine dressing ingredients; stir well. Pour over bulgur mixture and mix well.
- Stir in scallions, raisins, carrots, and chickpeas. Cover and chill for several hours. Store in refrigerator.