Chicken and Broccoli in Lemon Sauce
A healthier version of the popular take out dish you can make any time at home!
Recipe Source: Food and Nutrition Education in Communities
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut in bite size pieces (1 1/3 pounds)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pasta, any shape
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta and drain, reserving cup of the pasta water.
- In frying pan, sauté garlic in oil on low flame.
- Add sliced chicken and sauté about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and sauté 5 additional minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water and lemon juice and heat through.
- Toss cooked chicken and broccoli mixture with pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.