Chicken and Rice
This flavorful and filling dish is sure to have a spot on your dinner table!
Recipe Source: EatFresh.org
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalepeno peppers, seeds removed, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (29 ounces)
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen veggies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté chicken strips over medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid.
- Remove cover from rice mixture, remove from heat, and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Arrange chicken over rice and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.