Chicken, Rice, and Fruit Salad
Leftover rice? Use it in this fruit and chicken salad for a new spin on chicken salad. Serve the dish on lettuce leaves.
Recipe Source: choosemyplate.gov recipes chicken rice and fruit salad
- 1 cup brown or white rice, cooked
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried (or 2 tablespoons fresh, finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/4 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing, fat-free
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, fat-free
- 1 cup apple or cantaloupe (cut into chunks)
- 1/3 cup grape halves (red or purple, cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken, cooked (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Wash your hands and work area.
- If not using leftover or “planned over” rice – cook rice according to package directions without adding salt. Chill.
- In a serving bowl, mix parsley, black pepper, garlic, dressing, and mayonnaise together.
- Add cooled rice, apple, grapes, celery, and chicken.
- Serve cold on a bed of clean lettuce leaves, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.