Chicken Vegetable Creole
Serve with brown rice and a salad for a complete meal. To add spice to this dish, try sausage instead of chicken.
Recipe Source: Soulful Recipes (ca.gov)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 – ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- Cut chicken breast into large chunks. On a clean surface and cutting board chop onion and celery.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add chicken and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli, cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.