Cobb Salad with Pears
Sweet and savory, this Cobb Salad is sure to delight with the addition of canned pears, carrots, and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Source: ChooseMyPlate
- 2 cans pear halves
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add pear juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper and olive oil in a small bowl, and mix with a fork.
- Put mixed greens in large mixing bowl, drizzle dressing over greens and toss greens gently to mix.
- Add pear wedges, chopped walnuts, and grated carrots and toss lightly.
- Portion out 1 cup of salad and top with 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.