Collards and Cranberries
Cranberries add a hint of sweetness to this nutrient rich dish.
Recipe Source: Modified from foodhero.org
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1⁄4 medium onion)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 clove garlic, minced or
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups chopped collards (leaf portion, no stems)
- Juice from 1/2 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- Add oil and onion to large skillet. Stir and saute over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) until onion is translucent.
- Add cranberries and garlic. Continue to saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add collards. Pour or squeeze orange juice over top of collards. Cover skillet and simmer about 15 minutes until collards are wilted and tender.
- Add water if mixture begins to stick.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.