This salad is as pretty as it is tasty. It’s even better the next day — the cucumbers are still crunchy, and the flavors have blended together nicely.
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- ¾ cup dry couscous
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup low-fat Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions, sliced (about 4 Tablespoons)
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans (or other nuts)
- Place the couscous and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the mixture; cover and let stand until just warm, about 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate.
- Add dressing and mix lightly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss lightly to mix.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.