Creamy Chicken and Noodles
Creamy Chicken and Noodles is a hearty, comfort-food dish that can have many variations depending on culture.
Recipe Source: CommonThreads.org
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Measure out the ingredients.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions, but reserve a bit of pasta water before draining. Set the pasta aside.
- Heat a skillet with one tablespoon of cooking oil for 30 seconds, then add chicken breast to medium-high heated skillet. Allow to cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook another 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet and let rest before slicing.
- Add 1 cup of low-fat milk to skillet (used for chicken) over medium heat. Stir in 2 teaspoons cornstarch and parmesan cheese, reserving a bit for sprinkling over finished meal. Stir until parmesan melts and milk becomes slightly thick. If sauce become to thick used reserved pasta water one tablespoon at a time until it becomes the consistency needed. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken breast into 1/4 inch thick pieces. Add to parmesan sauce.
- Plate noodles and add sauce and chicken, garnish with remaining parmesan cheese.