Creamy Potato and Leek Soup
This tasty soup is sure to fill you up any time of the year!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 3 leeks (about 3 cups diced)
- 3 potatoes (about 3 cups diced)
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup 1% milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Remove root and green tops from leeks. Slice in half lengthwise and rinse well under running water. Slice crosswise into ¼ inch slices.
- Scrub potatoes under running water with a clean vegetable brush; cut into small cubes.
- Melt margarine or butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chopped leeks. Cook until softened.
- Add potatoes and enough broth to cover. Cover pan and simmer until potatoes are soft. Mash with a potato masher or fork until potatoes are fairly smooth.
- Add remaining broth, milk and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.