Crispy Rice with Tofu and Vegetables
This blend of tofu and cooked rice combines corn, peas, carrots and seasonings pressed into a skillet and cooked into “crispy” goodness.
Recipe Source: My Plate Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
For the tofu and vegetables:
- 3 cups prepared rice
- 1 pound tofu
- 1 cup frozen corn (unthawed)
- 1 cup frozen peas (unthawed)
- 6 scallions (sliced including white and green parts)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- To make the rice, cook rice according to the directions on the package. Set aside to cool and dry out.
- Put the tofu, corn, scallions, carrot, basil and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- When the rice has fully cooled, add it to the bowl with the tofu and mix well.
- Put the skillet over medium high heat and when it is hot, add the oil.
- Add the rice and tofu mixture; reduce heat to low and press down the rice mixture with a spatula. Cover and cook 10 minutes. Press down again to help form a crust. Flip portions of the rice so that you get chunks of crispy rice. Cook until crispy, up to 20 minutes.