Crockpot Vegetable Brown Rice
Serve a smaller portion of this delicious brown rice as a side dish with chicken. Or add some beans to give this meal some extra protein!
Recipe Source: snap4ct.org
- 1 ½ cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth), low sodium
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 8 oz frozen bell peppers and onions
- 10 oz frozen vegetables (green beans, carrots, peas, or whatever you like!)
- 1 Tbs olive oil or other vegetable oil of choice
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dump all ingredients into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 6 hours.