Cuban Beans and Rice
Vinegar, oregano, garlic, and onions kick up the flavor in this classic rice and bean recipe.
Recipe Source: choosemyplate.gov/recipes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- black pepper to taste
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Sauté the garlic, onion, and green bell pepper until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, broth, vinegar and seasoning, bring to a boil then lower to a simmer; cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over cooked rice and serve.