Cucumber Berry Salad
A quick, simple and refreshing salad featuring fresh blueberries and crisp cucumber chunks with feta cheese, arugula and a lime vinaigrette.
Recipe Source: MyPlate.gov, Cucumber Berry Salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic (or other) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed or bottled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium greenhouse-grown cucumber, cut into small chunks (about 1 1/4 cup)
- 4 cups fresh arugula (or another leafy green)
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts (toasted optional)
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- In a small bowl whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix together all salad ingredients, except bread.
- When ready to serve, add vinaigrette to salad and toss.
- Toast bread, then cut into four pieces.