Curry is typically used to make a spiced sauce or gravy for vegetables, stews, or meats served in southern India.
Recipe Source: teamnutrition.usda.gov
- 2/3 cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 cup white potatoes, peeled, 1/4″ cubed
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (fresh or diced canned low sodium/no added salt)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup green beans (frozen, cut)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, dry, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, table
- Wash hands.
- Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat on medium.
- Cook onions and potatoes for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and water. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove lid, and add green beans and seasonings. Cook until liquid is no longer pooling on the bottom of the pan and potatoes are fork tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir frequently. Heat to 140 degrees Fahrenheit or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 1/2 cup.