Butternut Harvest Chili
The great thing about this recipe is you can use all canned or frozen ingredients if you’d like, which means this is a perfect meal when shopping on a budget. You can also add in extras, like kale, peppers, or even chicken
Recipe Source: SNAP4CT.org
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
- ⅔ cup onions, diced
- ⅓ cup carrots, shredded or chopped
- ½ Tbs olive or vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, no added sodium
- 2 Tbs tomato paste, no added sodium
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in butternut squash and cook for 10-15 minutes (or 2-3 min if using frozen).
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes for fresh, 25 min for frozen), stirring occasionally.