Green and Bean Quesadilla
This creamy and colorful quesadilla will leave you feeling completely satisfied with all of its brilliant flavors.
Recipe Source: ChopChopFamily.org
- 2 whole-grain tortillas
- 1 bunch fresh spinach leaves, enough to cover the tortilla, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup canned dark red kidney beans, drained and mashed
- 2/3 cup shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pit removed (optional)
- Put one tortilla on the plate and cover with the spinach leaves.
- Top the spinach leaves with the mashed beans.
- Top the beans with the cheese.
- If you like avocado, put a few slices on top of the cheese.
- Put the other tortilla on top of the avocado, gently pressing it down so the top half sticks. (Don’t pat it down too much or the insides will squish out!)
- Put the plate in the microwave and heat until the cheese melts, about 45 seconds. Or place a nonstick skillet over medium heat until it’s hot, then place the tortilla in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside to cool a little bit: The spinach and cheese will be extremely hot!
- Cut the quesadilla into 8 triangles. Serve with salsa if desired.