Using canned salmon is a great, budget friendly way to eat this heart healthy fish. These Salmon Patties are so simple to make. Try eating them on a bun, on top of a salad, or on their own with one of our yummy side dishes. You can replace the salmon with canned tuna if you’d like, or try a combination of the two!
Recipe Source: SNAP4CT.com
- 1 can (15 oz) salmon, canned in water, drained
- 1cup cereal or crackers, whole-grain, crushed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- Use a fork or clean fingers to flake salmon until very fine.
- Add cereal or cracker crumbs, eggs, milk, and pepper to salmon. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape into 9 patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Over medium heat, carefully brown both the sides until patty is thoroughly cooked.