Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
A versatile and tasty dish that comes together for a healthy dinner in just 30 minutes!
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups corn (fresh or frozen, or a 15-ounce can drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup chopped mild green chiles (4-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (10-inches) or 12 corn tortillas (6-inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil or spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Mix beans, salsa, corn, chiles, garlic and half of the cheese together in a bowl.
- Warm each tortilla in a dry skillet and stack them on a plate.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.