Easy Pancit Noodles
Filipino pancit is a delicious noodle and veggie stir-fry that is quick, easy, and pleases a crowd. Make it with chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, and carrots for a traditional version, or swap in your family’s favorite veggies and proteins.
Recipe Source: SuperHealthyKids.com
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 4 medium carrot
- 8.8 ounce rice noodles, dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
1 stalk green onion (for topping)
- Slice chicken into thin strips. Mince garlic, shred cabbage, cut peppers into matchsticks, and peel and grate carrots.
- Soak vermicelli noodles in hot water for 15 minutes. Use kitchen shears to cut the block of noodles in half after soaking for a minute or two to keep noodles from being excessively long.
- In a wok, large pan, or pot, heat oil. Add chicken and garlic and saute until chicken is no longer pink on the outside. Add veggies and stir. Saute for 10 minutes, until veggies are softened.
- Drain noodles after 15 minutes and add to the veggies. Carefully fold everything together. Pour soy sauce over everything and continue stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with chopped green onions. Add more soy sauce to taste.