Egg Cooked in Toast
This is a quick easy recipe, for lovers of fried eggs on toast. It is a clever twist on usual fried eggs.
Recipe Source: Eat Smarter USA
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- unsalted butter
- Lightly butter bread on each side. Using a small glass or cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of each slice of bread.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. Place lightly buttered bread, and middle cut-outs in pan and cook until golden brown.
- Crack egg into middle of bread cutouts. Allow to cook for 2 minutes. Flip bread slice with egg once.
Finish cooking the eggs to your preferred taste (sunny side up, over easy, medium, etc.) Salt and pepper to taste.