Egyptian Red Lentil Soup
Lentils are common in Middle Eastern and Indian diets, and are popular in cuisines throughout the world. They are a good source of protein and fiber.
Recipe Source: CommonThreads.org
- 2 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, red
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Wash and dry produce.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Prepare veggies by dicing carrots, sweet potato, and tomato and cutting onion into quarters.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiled, turn the heat to medium-low to simmer for about 20-25 minutes, allowing ingredients to soften.
- Allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes and then carefully pour into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Transfer back into the pot and bring to a boil. Dilute as desired with additional vegetable stock. Be sure to add more cumin seasoning if thinning out for more flavor.
- Serve warm and enjoy!