Fajita Chicken Bake
This simple one dish meal is a family favorite that is perfect for busy nights. It can be eaten on its own with rice, or you can use it as a filling for fajitas or tacos.
- 1 ½ lb of chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- ½ cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese, or Mexican blend
- 2 Tbs low sodium taco seasoning or homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tbs olive oil or vegetable oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lay chicken breasts flat on the bottom of a 13×9 inch pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top of the chicken.
- Add onions and peppers and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until the juice of the chicken runs clear.
- Serve over brown rice, quinoa, or fill a tortilla with this blend!