Fiesta Rice Salad
This cool and refreshing salad is a great way to use leftover rice and turn it into dinner on a hot summer night.
Recipe Source: www.myplate.gov
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped fine)
- 1 red onion (small, chopped)
- 1 cup tomato (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (sweet, green, red, yellow)
- 1 can kidney beans (15oz, drained, rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (or other fresh herbs) (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or white or cider)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
- Wash and chop vegetables and mix with cooked rice.
- In a small bowl, add vinegar, oil, dill, salt and pepper. (Or use your favorite dressing.) Pour over rice mixture.
- Add beans and toss well. Serve cold and enjoy!