Filipino Style Menudo
This flavorful dish is ready in just under an hour. Try this delicious meal any night of the week for a fast and easy dinner.
Recipe Source: EatFresh.org
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound pork stew meat fat trimmed
- 15 ounces tomatoes chopped (can)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 potato large, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or Tamari for non-gluten)
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained, (optional)
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oil in the bottom of the skillet until it sizzles.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft.
- Add pork and cook until lightly browned. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add tomatoes and water and cover. Cook until pork is tender. Check a few times and add more water if needed.
- Add potatoes, bell pepper, carrots, soy sauce, and pepper. Cover and continue to cook until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add garbanzo beans and raisins, if using. Heat for about 10 more minutes.