Garden Stir-Fry Vegetables with Tofu
Try this delicious recipe with any combination of veggies you have available, and enjoy the extra protein boost from the tofu! Also great if served over cooked rice.
Recipe Source: Cornell University Cooperative Extension in New York City
- 10½-ounce package of firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli or spinach, cut up
- 6 medium carrots, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, optional
- Wrap tofu in several layers of paper towels; press lightly toremove excess moisture. Cut tofu into cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tofu, broccoli (or spinach), carrots, green pepper, celery, onion, and cabbage. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Add small amounts of water as needed throughout the cooking period.