A delicious way to enjoy this classic holiday flavor and eat your whole grains for breakfast.
Recipe Source: FoodHero.org
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat egg. Stir in molasses, oil and buttermilk.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients; stir together lightly.
- Lightly spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or lightly wipe with oil.
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.