Gingered Carrot and Beet Salad
Ginger adds zip to this grated root vegetable salad!
Recipe Source: Just Say Yes to Fruits and Vegetables Program
- 4 cups grated beets
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped poblano pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cliantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the beets, carrots, onion, poblano pepper, and ginger.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, mustard, and cilantro. Pour onto the slaw.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.